12.2.09

This one's for Tara

Once upon a time there was a little bug that thought he was bigger than all the other bugs. What he didn't know, was that he'd had a water droplet stuck in his eye for a good three days. That doesn't sound like long, but when you only live four days, it's quite a lot.




This bug saw everyone through his convex (I don't care if that's wrong) covering so that they did indeed appear smaller to him. Most were not, however. In fact, many of the other bugs were actually dogs and elephants. It was a big droplet.




One day as Giant Bug, as he liked to call himself, was walking around the water hole in central Malaysia, a lumbering elephant stepped on his left antenna. Reproaching the elephant with sanctimonious words of four letters, he did not did not develop a very quaint rapport with the giant animal.




So the elephant stomped on the other antenna.




The bug was now fairly blind and utterly deaf. Luckily, he only lived two more hours in all of his misery.




Meanwhile, on a deserted island, Eeyore smiled contentedly to himself as he prodded another piece of cool cheesecake into his little toothy mouth. Excitement declared itself in a thunderous shiver along the donkey's spine. Whatever in the world was wrong or evil or malicious in any form was forgotten in pure, uncensored satisfaction with his forgotten island and refrigerator full of cool cheesecake. Life was good.


<->-<->-<->-<->

Anyway, I found some stamps today. And got a package from mom. She sent some Peach O's for me and some original Skittles for my brosef. There were two caramel hearts and a $10 gift certificate to Wally World. The highlight was a Napoleon Dynamite card that says "The worst day of my life, what do you think?" when you open it. That's because on the outside it asks What would Valentine's Day be like without family? My mom is more clever than I appear. Between me and her she's definitely the looks, brains, sensitivity, thoughtfulness, cleverness, and strength. I've just got a little height on her. Thank goodness.




Come back safe, Tara.




6 comments:

Nicholas said...

Sometimes I almost understand what you have to say and I'm certain you are much smarter than me.

Ben Schnell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben Schnell said...

That story was awesome! I found so many applications for my own life. I'll read it for my devotions.

Your mom rocks.

TaraB said...

Stoffer! When I read the heading for this post I got really excited...and then I started reading the story and thought to myself, "Hmmmm....I wonder if Chris thinks that I'm this weird bug..." Then I got down to the picture and got really excited again. The plane looks a little sketch, which reminds me of the actual plane that I took to get to Walla Walla. Yikes!

Thanks for the shout out my friend!

BrittanyK said...

So, I haven't had time to come up with a deep comment to wow you on this yet, but you should check out my blog. Like now...

Unknown said...

Christoffer Andrew Clouzet . . . you are way better to me than I deserve. Thank you for your kind words. I love your heart!