23.3.08

Easter Sabbath

After awhile my eyes and ears were tired of the novelty Morse Code offered me for the afternoon. I had woken up at 11:54am. That was six minutes before I had planned on going to watch Beau play Jesus in the Sonrise. Needless to say, I didn't make it. After dressing, I wandered around outside more or less looking for him leading a big group of tourists. I couldn't find him. So I came back inside to my comforting room. Dark and cool, where my computer sits calmly lightint my face, always welcoming me with a new song from pandora. I thought for a moment or two about what to do. Since I figured nothing was going to happen unless I made it happen, I decided to look up Morse Code. I've had this paper that has the code on it for probably at least 10 years, no joke. I recently taped it to my closet wall in the hopes that seeing it every day would make me learn it over time. I have not been successful yet. And yet, it succeeded in reminding me today of my reluctant desire to learn it eventually, at least. So google helped me find a couple good places to start. Wikipedia had some useful information and I read up on the Koch method of learning it and the F-something timing. Finally I stumbled on a site that has a downloadable program that insists it will help you learn how to read Morse Code. So I downloaded it. And tried it out for a couple minutes. It was so cool! Unfortately, by this time an hour or so had passed and I was researched-up. So I closed the program and sat there for a few more minutes trying to think of what to do next. Reading sounded good. And walking on the Biology trail. So I did. Dad sent me an email a few days (weeks?) ago that I had saved onto my computer. Oh, it was over spring break and the wireless at the bookstore sucked, so that's why I had savefd it. I read it for the first time this afternoon. It was really good. Thanks, Dad. He quoted Ministry of Healing in it several times so I dug up the book from it's hiding place and grabbed my waterbottle and headed out. After visiting the mysterious bunkers above the landscape building, I backtracked a while and then headed up to the ridge. After finding a rock that sat me quite comfortably, I read and perused MH for a while. After that, I went right and tried to find the cliffs above the bend where Verizon customers lose their signal. I didn't find it. But I almost stepped on this little black bird that didn't move the entire time I stared at it and tried to take a decent picture of it with my phone (why bother? it never works). Then I walked along the ridge. Jeremiah had called about twenty minutes after I had left my room. Honestly, I was hoping someone would call earlier as I didn't know how to call. That's why I had to go walk. So I didn't answer since I had already set my mind on walking. But I decided to take the ridge over to where I thought his house would be and try to find it on the other side. So I did. But it took forever. And I went to far, then went down, then recognized where I was and had to go back a ways. I finally made it and felt great for having achieved my goal. But the the mafia came and scared me up the hill towards Jeremiah's and his brother's fort where I had to flee up the hill breathing hard for fear of being recognized and laughed at. Big deal. Who would even care? Jeremiah didn't answer when I called him from the top of his road so I walked back to my dorm where I made supper, talked to Adam, then went to Ben's house for a movie. Then check, Jericho, and bloggerizing. Now sleep. What a day.

No comments: