25.11.09

Listening for 23 years

This story is interesting.  How important it is to be able to communicate with others.  Just being alive isn't really living.  This poor guy must've had some miserable days just watching and listening and... waiting?  Did he have any hope?  I bet he'd be an incredibly fascinating study.  I suppose I will have to look back on this story whenever I'm lonely and remember that maybe I don't have it so bad...  I haven't even been alive as long as this guy was "just" alive.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/11/24/coma.man.belgium/index.html

2 comments:

TaraB said...

Dang. I don't even know how I would be able to handle something like that. Being trapped in your mind and unable to communicate sucks when you DO have the chance to do it...

Ben Schnell said...

Wow, thats an amazing story. I wonder if people farted in front of him and stuff not thinking he could hear... He may have some really embarrassing stories to tell about people.