19.11.10

come and find me

Sometimes when it's dark I choose not to see.  I sit and I wait.  And I do my best to laugh at the appropriate times and answer the questions that I understand with appropriate answers.  I try to answer in ways that will not encourage more questions.  Sometimes when it's hot I choose to be cold.  When I start to burn I turn frigid, painful to touch.  Sometimes when I feel a little alive I choose to bury myself.  I walk into my open arms and enjoy my own country.  Freedom for all--all of me.  Sometimes, when it gets too loud for me to think, I choose to yell back until I can't help but smile.  It's a good thing no one can hear my yells.  It's a good thing I yell in my own language.  Sometimes when the questions become too much, I choose to look at the stars and the birds.  It seems they don't ever have questions.  Nothing touches them.  They glow and they fly, forever and free.  Unless they decide to stop.

Someday will never come.  Sometimes is never always.  Choosing is not always that.  Sometimes when I choose, I don't really.





I'm breaking this typing-my-woes-for-you-thing off.  We're done.  Find me, if you want.  I like this game, so I'm not disappearing.  But, I'm going to keep running.  I hope I don't ever stop.  I hope only two people catch me.  And I hope I give my running fever to later little lads and ladies.  And I hope that sometimes I won't have to write anything at all.