8.7.11

Wanna watch my run?

Today was a long run day, and I finally remembered that with an iPhone you can do GPS crap.  So I looked up the apps, logged in, and started.

Apparently, I run off the road and into the fields a lot.  And apparently I did a mapmyrun category five climb on the way back.  That sounds crazy, I know.  Well, it isn't—though it did feel like it.  Mapmyrun has their own rating system I think, and category five is the easiest one.  And it said it's supposed to be climbs of at least 500m, which it was, and an average grade of 3%, which it... wasn't.  It said 2.2%.  But still marked it as category five.  But that's not the point!  THIS is the point:  I can watch my route played back for me!  Dang girl.


Edit:  Oh, so maybe if you don't have a mapmyrun account you can't watch this? Which is probably everyone I know.  Oops.  My bad.  Enjoy the blank rectangle and whatever alert messages you get, I guess.

In other news, Chris Horner had a nasty crash today and finished the race asking where he was, when he crashed, and what was happening. Over and over. Something seems wrong with that... Tom Boonen and Bradley Wiggins are out, too. But Cav won his 17th stage and Thor is still rockin' the yellow. It's a swell tour.

PS:  Tara and Jessi, if you ever read this and watch the video, did you notice where I went?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That is cool, cool, cool! I mean it's cool you can do that. I couldn't see the thing on my computer. :( Nor on my phone :(

Jessi Jo said...

Just think if we still lived there! You could run home...and there obviously. no gas required!