26.10.08







Last night, after hours of contemplating how we would run the Southern Shuffle, Ben and I took off to just run it. I didn't expect any others to come. Ben was doing it barefoot and we ran there to warm up, so since we weren't registering, we stayed in Brock until we saw everyone heading to the starting line. Lo and behold: Nick, Schnell, Jones, Phil, and Antonio were all there to run it, too!! How cool. No literally, it was cold. Anthony did it without a shirt, Ben without shoes, and I was in my green gear. Schnell actually ran it and the other three took cross country literally and cheated/supported the whole way. It was a lot of fun. Ben got 2nd overall.






I love running. Last night reminded me of that. It also helped me realize that I don't have to be an official racer, with the registration, post-race food, number, and t-shirt to enjoy the event. Just running, racing others, was enough for me to really enjoy it.






It's even better at night. And with cheetahs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just signing in to say I'm proud to know you. Way to run in the dark and coldness.
Let's do that random 4am run randomly sometime when my ankle comes back to life.
See ya later, brosef...

---Sarah