20.9.09

When David Heard



One afternoon last year, probably coming home from work, I had 90.5 on, enjoying some classical.  This particular afternoon this particular station was playing this particular song:  When David Heard.  The Eric Whitacre arrangement.  I was spellbound.  When I got to my apartment I just sat in the idling car, overcome with the power and emotion of the song, for the remaining 10 or so minutes of the piece.  I had to.  There was no other way I would find out the title except to wait for the DJ to enlighten me (actually, I probably could've found it with a little research later...).  But more importantly, I couldn't leave it.

It came on Pandora a couple days ago.  And again tonight.  Again, I could hardly do anything else except listen for the full 13+ minutes the song lasts.  After it played tonight, I spent a while trying to figure out how to embed it onto the sidebar.  Thus, you can see it to the right, and thus, you may now enjoy it for yourself.  Try it out.  Let it play while you read something else.  Maybe go buy it on iTunes or Amazon afterward.  I did.  Last year.  And I don't regret it.  Eric Whitacre is the man. 

2 comments:

BrittanyK said...

I listened to it. You were right. The emotion was mesmerizing through the voice inflection and stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Brittany said...

i am really sad, i tried getting the song to play on my computer here and i couldn´t get it to work :(. feel like i am really missing out on an amazing experience! will keep trying!