8.6.10

Mountains

And trees and stars and streams.  My what a lovely place.

I got here to Camp Wawona after about 17 hours of total traveling.  That doesn't sound like a lot, but it felt like quite a bit.  I ate some tortilla chips, a banana, and some almonds before my flights, and then a tiny bag of chips and a Snapple at the Atlanta airport, and a little can of Pringles at the Los Angeles airport.  Oh, and two Tylenol gel tablets.  My headache was the worst part of the trip.  Fortunately, the Tylenol started helping after a while and it "filled me up" by making me less stressed and in pain.  And getting to Fresno and seeing Anthony suddenly behind me was a relief as well.  Anthony, Jessi, and Chelsea were kind enough to let me stop at Target to get some supplies, including some bagels and honeybuns.  I would like to inform you (who is that??  I guess I write for an audience...) that I ate the whole bag of 6 bagels.  It was a dare.  After I basically dared Anthony to dare me.  He did.  And I ate them.  Oh, except for about 1/4 of one that he ate.  I'll have to make it an official 6 some other time.  that was nearly 1,500 calories, by the way.

Breakfast is at 8 tomorrow morning.  I don't know fully what I'm getting myself into, but everyone here seems to believe that it's the greatest thing on earth.  I suppose my pessimism will keep me from enjoying it as much as they do, but I think there's a lot of potential here for a great two months.  It's still hard to believe I'm actually here.  In fact, I still don't really.  I haven't given anyone my signed contract, so I suppose by morning they could've hired someone else.  I think I'll just go to sleep and hope for the best.  The only good thing (no wait, that's not necessarily true) about going home tomorrow would be that I might have a better chance of watching the World Cup games.  But maybe that's not even true.

I'm getting cold.  (yeeesssssssss)

5 comments:

BrittanyK said...

Chris! I'm so excited for you! But a bit jealous, Foote just left today for camp. All camp people are at camp. But I'm happy for each of you. I know that you are at Wawona for a specific purpose. They're lucky to have you.
PS-Walmart runs aren't the same. Racing the cart to the car by myself isn't as much fun.

chelsea said...

My what a lovely place. Amen. Better since you got here.

Jessi Jo said...

I think my eternal optimism mixed with your pessimism will balance eachother well...lets just stand near eachother so that our attitudes can catch the same air. :)

Alyssa said...

I've seen Wawona, and it is indeed lovely. You're in for a rockin' summer, and trust me, it's hard to stay pessimistic at camp. Of course, I may be underestimating your pessimistic abilities. But still. :D

TaraB said...

Man... I'm gonna be honest. Reading this post made me extremely jealous of you. The reality of not being at camp this summer is starting to hit. I'm happy for you though Chrees. For real!