2.6.10

A Neat Story [to me]

SHORT VERSION:

Two Tuesdays ago: planned to leave for Maine in a week.


A week goes by.


This past Tuesday:  bought ticket for Fresno, California.


MEDIUM VERSION:

Tuesday morning, about nine days ago, I told Anthony I wouldn't be able to make it to camp.  Tuesday afternoon he texted me and asked if I wanted to be the photographer (Alli can't?  Why??).  We agreed I'd let him know by Friday at noon his time.  


I try and try to contact Maine and see how big of a problem it would be if I went to camp and then tried to make it to Maine in August.  I couldn't reach them.  I called Anthony just past noon his time.  He said I could have a few more days so I could talk with Maine.  I got a message Friday night:  "Go for it."  I talked with them in person on Monday to be sure.  Monday night I called Anthony.  No answer.  Tuesday morning I called Anthony.  Answer.  I bought ticket Tuesday afternoon.






LONG VERSION:

Just kidding.  (But seriously.)


_________________________________________
I still don't want to get my hopes up.  For some reason there is a medium-weight pessimistic feeling inside me that wonders if I'll actually work at Wawona this summer.  I am not even sure it's a good idea to be posting this.  I don't think I'm going to really believe it until I am there.  And even then, who knows?  Something could go wrong.

But for now, I can at least say confidently that those are my plans.  I like the plans, anyway.  They are good.

6 comments:

BrittanyK said...

Exciting Chris! God's got a plan and it will work out perfectly! Miss you like Al Pacino's misses his cash.

Miss Jehle said...

I feel like things are so much more exciting when they almost don't happen. Glad you're getting to do what you want to!

chelsea said...

Oh wow. Ok. There is the personality trait that God has that I am beginning to notice a lot. He likes to do things ON TIME. Some might even say LAST MINUTE. Never, never early. I think it's cuz He wants us to know that He's the one making the decisions, not us. If we knew what the plan was in advance we might get cocky and think we had something to do with it.

Ben Schnell said...

Have a blessed time bro. I hope the sm decision won't be as crazy as this, although it probably will be... but hopefully not! :)

Jessi Jo said...

I do not have the words to express how happy i am...just picture a big smile, listen for a small squeel, and just wait...the biggest hug ever will be waiting for you at Wawona!

TaraB said...

SWEET MOSES!!! Ok I have been out of the blogging world for TOO long! I didn't know this was happening!! I am super happy for you Chrees. This sounds like you're getting the best of both worlds. And both worlds are good. They're good worlds.