6.9.10

Kite Runner

I read The Kite Runner a couple weeks ago.  It was a good story.  I got the movie from the library a few days ago.  But I didn't finish it.  I liked the images I had in my head already better than the ones on screen.  That's never happened before.

I flew a Hannah Montana kite from the dollar store with my brother on Sabbath.  It was super windy here in Berrien Springs for a couple days.  We had a good time.  We even made the string longer with some blue yarn.  The kite couldn't hold up all the weight though or something, so we had fun for a while and eventually went inside.  I guess that's a dumb thing to say.  Obviously we'll stop sometime and go inside.  Anyway, it was fun.  I like my brother a lot.  And flying kites is somehow really fun, too.




4 comments:

TaraB said...

You would fly a Hannah Montana kite. I just finished a Miley Cyrus GIRLY movie. So... I'll be quiet now.

Ben Schnell said...

When I was little, my dad would get a kite, and also a huge spool of string, and he would put a stick through the spool so it would spin wildly as it came unspooled. I guess at several hundred feet up in the air the wind is quite consistently strong. He would also tie kleenex tissues on the string and they would get super high. Eventually the string would break, just about when the kite was hardly visible it was so high. Then we would run and jump in the car and try to find where the kite landed. We never did, at least I never remember ever finding them. It was fun though, good memories.

Hannah said...

what a charmingly blue sky. what fluffy clouds.

you should have flown a Hannah Kuntz kite. I hear she's cooler than the one named after a lame state.

Lisa said...

My heart is soaring higher than your kite did ... what a beautiful way to spend Sabbath (with your brother outdoors). Hannah Montana?!? LOL