10.10.10

I made slippers this past week.  They're not very good, but they're better than wearing only socks or having to walk around the house with stupid shoes on.  Even if the shoes were smart, they'd still be stupid.





This past week was a Sigur Ros week.  Especially Góðan Daginn which you can listen to below, right.








Here's the 180 degree view of my front iron door.  I sat on the sidewalk that continues straight from the door, not the one that goes down the length of the street in front, several houses down, where the park is.  I sat there and drank some tea the other evening.  I watched the teens play soccer on the little concrete court.  I enjoyed the cool air and the failing sunlight.  And then I chatted with the old man who came out to have a smoke.  I was sitting on his front sidewalk.  He said his son left for Argentina that morning at 10 o'clock.  He asked how the work was in Argentina.  I think he was hoping the best for his son.  He also said that it costs $140 and takes 4 days to get from Lima to Buenos Aires by bus, via Chile.  That was one of my most favorite times of drinking tea ever.





Also, I watched this movie.  I'm not sure if watching it in Japanese with Spanish subtitles made a difference, but it is one of the best movies I've ever seen.  As in, one of my favorites.  I guess it may not even be that "good" of a movie, but I very much liked it.