31.3.10

Sometimes I think telegraphs were more effective.

I've called the lady at the CSO 11 times since Monday.  I've left her a message on her phone.  I've emailed her twice.  She's responded by email once and called back once (while I was in class).  I've called another lady at the CSO twice.  She answered the first time and gave me to the other lady... who promptly said she'd call me back at 1:30 today.  She finally called back at 2:48 (that's while I was in class).  I had sat with my phone in front of me at my desk for 38 or so minutes before giving up and heading to class at two.

My article is due tomorrow.  I need to ask her the details of the event I'm covering.  But I also need her to tell me who else I can call.  I don't know anyone who went to the pre-concert event last week!  I have no connections with audience members!  I'm screwed!

And what's great is that I can't do anything about it.  And I already "skipped" my last article, resigning myself to a C or poooooossibly a B in that class.  That was a new experience.  So now if I end up "skipping" another article, I'm F-ed.  FAILure.

My dad told us kids that he failed a class once.  That gives me hope.  I was told this morning that I need to be more objective about my life and look at it more intentionally.  Here's objective and intentional: I'm trying and not succeeding.  What now?

I only have so many fingers to cross.

_______________________________________________________________

I got to listen to Jonsi's first album last night and get some grading done.  I got to sleep over 7 hours last night.  I got to go swim my mile today.  The air is crisp and clear in the morning when I head to class.  Just cold enough that my toes are red when I get to Brock, but not cold enough that there is no hope of warming up all day.  And now the sun is bright and shiny.  The Spalding children are out playing and learning and laughing.  Our soccer game is tomorrow night.  My blinds are open and the sun is cleansing my room.  Alex and Mom went to a class and made bread together.  I'll get to learn next.  My literary journalism class is exciting; my classmates are amazing and talented.  Tim's going to come to SonRise with me on Sabbath.  I got to eat a whole can of black beans and a whole can of corn for lunch.  My stomach is dancing.  I read Psalm 19 this morning and realized once again that it is one of my favorite psalms.

I really am happy with my life.  Just in my own way.  Clearly, I'm more vocal about the frustrating parts, but that's just because it's the easier thing to be.

3 comments:

Nicholas said...

i clicked the "i relate" check box. you know what that means. this mouse button is working again. thank goodness.

Miss Jehle said...

Maybe the possibility of failure will make success sweeter.

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself, as a new month brings a new impossible to do list. Good luck, friend!

Brittany said...

yep, i have def played the phone tag thing before...will be praying that either you get your call back or that you have a dream in the night where an angel tells you everything you need to know :)