3.2.11

can't help it

Sister Girl hooked me up with massive doses of unknown music over Christmas break.  I've listened to a fraction of it so far.  Probably three weeks ago I started listening to a song by Andrew Bird but I think I quickly switched it.  Wasn't for me.  Two days ago I gave it another try because I was in the mood for torture or something.  Hot dammed reservoir of secret music!  My word.  Totally dig.  Entire album and extra random songs have been on repeat since then.  Armchair Apocrypha is the one I have, bee tee dub.

Also ran into a band called Valley Maker via The Blue Indian blog.  They cool.  They sing about the Old Testament, but shhh, I didn't tell you that.  I didn't realize it until listening to a couple songs.  I don't know how I missed it since some of the titles are Jacob or This is a Song from the Old Testament.  Just kidding about that last one.  Did I say they were cool?  I meant really cool.  And the main singer man might be Austin Crane, or he comes from a band called Austin Crane.  I haven't tested those waters, but I imagine he'd have to be decent to have done the Valley Maker.  Which they say was a senior thesis project.  Pretty cool one, I think.