6.1.10

A 6th-day-of-the-year Resolution... it's 12MP and counting

After all the syllabi days are out of the way, I feel that I would be safe in predicting that I will have plenty of reading and writing to do this semester.  That is not necessarily a problem as I love each of these activities, but the lack of motivation and ambition since my first breath uncrinkled my lungs leaves me somewhat apprehensive as to how successful I will be this semester.  Of course, my successfulness would depend on the definition, which I will not worry about now.

Along these lines, (are letters) it is both encouraging and discouraging to suddenly bump into several wonderful, and much more consistent and consistently interesting, blogs of people that I know as faces from around the SJ&C department or Southern in general.  I love these discoveries!  People that I know at some point in the day sat around the computer and fussed with their keyboard until a blog appeared and was published!  But at the same time, I hate these discoveries because they remind me of how inconsistent my own writing has been, and how hypocritical I am for calling myself a Print Journalism student while I rarely write for myself and rarely read such things as, wait for it: print journalism.  Fortunately, I am feeling the pressure to begin a more disciplined lifestyle in order to obtain some level of success and significance in my life and am therefore hoping to become a more frequent word-dabbler.  I am also to be henceforth forced to read the newspaper, magazines, and other such bearers-of-current-events in order to keep up with the times (no pun intended) and do well in all of Ms. Chamberlain's classes (I'm taking three of them, all in the same classroom, which is probably 3/4 of all the classes she teaches - we are likely to know each other much better by May).

In other news, I need to buy a camera so I can start fiddling with pictures as well.  I'd like to add an easy 1,000 words to these blogs once in a while and feel like I have something to reference from my college days come grandchildren time.  Long live the pixel.

4 comments:

chelsea said...

Yay! I love Chrees blogs. More please!

Miss Jehle said...

I only took one class from Ms. Chamberlain, and it persuaded me to quit being a communications major.

Good luck.

TaraB said...

let's do this.

Ben Schnell said...

You always come through. No matter how pessimistic you become about your abilities and achievements, your work gets done, your life moves forward, and no one from the outside looking in knew it was ever even a struggle. Don't scoff at me for saying it, but I admire you.