17.1.10

Sketchy flips

I saw this clip today.  I thought it was pretty swell.  It's only 45 seconds long.  Check it:

Parkour Motion Reel




Besides that, I don't have anything much else to say.  I had curly hair today.  Alyssa is going to write for the religion page.  I'm going to go pull privet tomorrow.  The book that I'm supposed to finish reading by Wednesday just shipped today (la-hAME).  


I am also going to post, however, the little snippet I needed to write for this week's Accent.  It's short, but relevant for these days, and I figured the verses are good, too, and people may enjoy a reminder of some good stuff:







“Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality,” (Romans 12:9-13, NIV).

For me, these are the perfect words of Scripture to look upon during the recent happenings in our school family and in Haiti.

Cling to what is good.  Perhaps it is difficult to find anything good about a destructive earthquake, except that we can see hundreds of thousands of people responding with aid, prayer and financial support, as well as Haitians still singing together on CNN.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction.  The death of those we know and hold dear is never anything we can take easily. But we have an encouraging God who gives us hope and promises renewed relationships and a second life. 

Keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.  In these “valley” experiences, serving our Lord through service keeps us in tune with His mission and His message. The Gospel is never made more clear—to others and to us—than when it is lived out through our lives.

Continue to be “devoted to one another in brotherly love.”  Jesus is coming soon.

4 comments:

Ben Schnell said...

Yeah bro, sweet clip, and great accent article. By the way, I've been learning a lot about Thomas Jefferson in my 30 hour long John Adams book, and you're a lot like Jefferson.

TaraB said...

That was an awesome video. I'm glad you told me it was only 45 seconds...I may not have gotten to it right away.

On another note, I have that verse hanging above my bed and I try to read it every night. I love it cause it's got everything in there... everything you need, in my opinion.

Nicholas said...

Tara showed me the video because it was so incredible she made a primal noise when she finished watching it.

Alyssa said...

Curly hair doesn't seem to be an abnormality for you.
The video inspired me. Fortunately, by the time my bones heal back together, the inspiration will be gone and I'll stay in one piece. Good one.