11.1.10

Megan: Friend or foe?

It's almost midnight already.  I feel like I've been sitting in this chair for weeks.  It's only been a few hours.  Ordering books from the internet is such an adventure.  I get to check out new sites that Adam showed me (half.com, betterworldbooks.com) and try to find books that feel better.  What sucks is that I get to buy them out of my own checking account, not Mom's.  That's OK though.  I feel like it's my contribution to my bill, since the padres have been dutifully paying most of my bill this year.  I'm definitely grateful.

I just ordered a $60 book that was labeled "new" and sold by an apparent Megan from Missouri (that's MO, right?).  I say buying books is an adventure (for me) because she had only sold one book before and she appeared to be a student since the only other book she was selling was another journalism book.  I felt like it could be a risk because, who knows, Megan might be a poop head who won't ever send me her book or it might not be new or something.  But I also felt that I could be helping out a fellow student in dire straights.  Is that the right phrase?  Anyway, I ordered her book and will just have to enjoy feeling like the other (haha) famous Cristobal until I get them (or not).

I need someone to keep me accountable and hold my hand.  I didn't raise myself to be disciplined enough to work as hard as I need to right now.  I regret that, but don't feel like I can do much about it.  I will keep burning out within two days every time I try to reform, unless I can get a slow improvement going in my lifestyle somehow.  But... I hate help.  Good night.

3 comments:

courtney said...

i ran across your blog and just wanted to say that that i can definitely relate to how your feeling.
i myself am a very stubborn person so anything that has to do with asking for help i try to avoid...at all costs. it's something i've been trying to work on.
i think what also makes it so hard is that most people have some inclination of what needs to be changed in their life but they're just too stubborn to change it, i only wish that were my problem.
i always seem to find myself in a hole, and a deep on at that. i never know what to do in order to get out of it.
my situation isn't quite the same as yours, but i get the feeling that we're in the same boat as far as what we're feeling...(only unlike you i did not buys books from a Megan in Missouri).
i know i don't know you, but i pray things work out for you!
take care.

TaraB said...

Chrees. I had a pretty lame-sauce experience with buying books this time around. Well, I guess you saw some of that this morning. What kind of DUNCE sends me a book that is written in ALL OVER and THEN tells me that it's in good condition...but has ripped out all the work book pages. Man. Lame. I also had two cancellations, so I had to reorder...

But good news, 15 minutes saved me over $200 dollars in textbooks.

Ben Schnell said...

I guess this is the raising of yourself currently that will prepare you for future crises.